Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh my

I went shopping today for food.  I wandered the aisles of the store wondering what I could get everyone else for food.  I had an extensive list for myself, but I don't know, what do they need?  I picked up some lunch meat and rolls, some spaghetti noodles and sauce and a loaf of french bread as well as some turkey burgers.

No one here is going to cook fish.
No one here is going to cook much of anything!

So what do I get them?

Ya got me.

But **I** filled my cart with produce and fruits and nuts, ohyesIdidboyohboy.  I have NEVER spent as much at the supermarket at one time than I did today.  Like, I should have had filet mignon and lobster in that tab -- but no.  I had nuts.  And vegetables.  What type of world do we live in where basic food costs a fricking fortune?

But I am letting that go for now ... I can't get bogged down in cost.  But as I was driving home I was thinking, "can I really eat six pieces of zucchini this week?"  Five avocados?  A bag of apples, a bag of kiwi's -- pears, tangelos, grapes, bananas???  Four heads of lettuce, a head of broccoli, celery, red peppers, orange peppers, 8 lemons, collard leaves and a partridge in a pear tree?

Oh come on now, that last one is meat.  I might eat the tree though!  :)

And the nuts!  I must have bought about 20 pounds of various nuts and grains.  Talk about nuts.  I know.

I am.

I watched everyone put their stuff on the counter, and I thought, hmmm, interesting.   I did not think I wanted to eat any of it -- but still.  It is interesting to think that most of the world eats a certain way, and now I do not.

So I just prepared my dinner -- which is a pasta with a cream sauce and parmesan cheese (all nuts) and Charlie made their dinner -- he made a spaghetti sauce and garlic bread.

So, all I've been hearing is that there are a record number of people voting this time around.  I bet that some of those people were the ones who didn't bother last time, but know in their hearts that their vote would have made a difference.  There is already screaming and yelling about fraud and broken machines (and if there is a problem with screwed up chads, I am moving, I swear, OUTTA here!)

Landslide, baby.  That's what we're headed for.  I don't think it is going to be a close race.  

You heard it here.  

Time for change.


No comments: