Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!




Sooooooooooooo.  I've had no internet for a day and a half.  I called to report this, and the nice woman said, "Oh, I know why your internet isn't working.  There is an outage in your area."

"Do you have any idea when it will be fixed?  I haven't had internet all day.  I've unplugged everything, reset everything and kicked a few things as well."

"I'm sorry ma'am, I really am."

"But you have no idea when the internet will be fixed in this area?  Do you have any idea what caused it?  A large storm perhaps?"

"Ummmm..."

"Because there have been no large storms."

"I really don't know."

"So you are saying I have no internet, you now know that, and you have no idea why and when it will be restored?"

"Ummmmm."

"Because that is quite ridiculous.  There must be a fact or two to go along with this.  Some teeny tiny shred of proof that the internet will be restored within say, a day, a week, a month, even a year."

"Oh, I don't think it will be that long."

"But you don't know."

"Well, no.  But..."

"I have no one else to call?"

"Oh," she said brightly.  "You can call the business office on Monday morning if you wish."

"Why would I do that?"

"To report that your internet was out in an area where there was an outage, and they will credit your account."

"I see.  Do you think I should wait longer than Monday morning, in the event the internet stays down longer than that?"

"Ummmm."

Okay, okay, I finally let the poor girl off the hook.  Though, when she said this ...

"Is there anything else we can help you with today?"

"Yes, I'd like to have my internet fixed and to have a general idea of when that is going to happen."

"Besides that."

I mean, come on, I had to laugh.    I call the service department, they say basically we can't help you, but is there anything else I can help you with?  Should I have ordered a cheeseburger?  Asked her for the time.

Anyway, it is 3:00 the following day, it's been over 24 hours of no computer ... and well, it's really taken a toll on me.  I've read three books.  Well, that is EMMA's fault, but I think it is another blog.  

This afternoon we thought we might go to a movie.  We couldn't figure out what was playing.  I called all the numbers in my phone book to try and get an audio recording of movies playing.  You can't understand any of that fandango stuff and I was screaming at the recorded voice when it kept saying it couldn't understand me.  

It wasn't right.  Then Charlie tried, because you know, I must be doing something wrong.  He looked at me, nonplussed, and said "I can't understand what they are saying."

Makes sense to me!  Oh, I am so glad the world is falling apart and we will get back some CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I am so looking forward to it, I really am.

Is that wrong?

No.  But I am not going to discuss the end of the world now, because I refuse to go there.  LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

So, I re-boot everything and then I played games with myself.  If I don't go over and check for five minutes, the internet will be back.  (I had to do something, because I was afraid I was going to kick it again!)  Anyway, it came back and I was so excited, I didn't know what to do first!  Everyone else is gone -- since the movie thing became impossible, everyone decided to go shopping.  Since I am against shopping, I stayed here.  And read.

But this, this is sooooooooo exciting.  I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.  And of course with the internet down I had tons of blogging ideas.  Tons!  And no, I couldn't write them in a word document and then transfer them, because it's just not the way to do it.  Geesh.  In fact, I have decided my computer is completely worthless unless it is online.

Well, I'm glad it's back and everything, but I have to go read.

Seriously.


No comments: