Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Blech Blog



This is such a transitional time of year and I've NEVER liked it. The whole back to school feeling pervades everything -- and I don't even have to go to school! But it's a strong feeling, sort of like melancholy, that drapes over you and weighs you down with its promise of the end of summer and back to "the real world." Blech!

Even the weather is flaky and I can't decide if it is warm out or cold! It's kind of both, and while the sky is blue and there's not a cloud in the sky, there is something else in the air. Blech.

My kids don't actually start anything until next week, so we have an extended version of summer; but once the calendar changes to September, it's hard to pretend that fall isn't coming. Really hard.

Maddie and I drove home in the Jeep last night from Portsmouth and nearly contracted hypothermia. Oh, sure, we could have put the top on. Or even sweatshirts. Blech.

The leaves are changing. Double Blech.

I do not go quietly into the season of fall, no sirree. I don't like it and I don't have to pretend that I do! I love summer; I love hot and beaches and tans and the word barbeque. I love the term summer vacation and I love hot summer nights when it is dead calm and you can be outside and everything feels the way it is supposed to. I love boating and staring up at a sky full of stars and catching a trailing meteorite as it ends its term in the galaxy.

I love green lawns and sparkling lakes and perfectly-sized waves at the ocean that you can float on or ride in.

So many people say that their favorite season is fall. I merely tolerate it, as I have no other choice! While it is a good time for hiking and the foliage often provides for some lovely eye candy, it too is brief and fleeting, and more often than not we get a huge windy rainstorm that blows all the colored leaves off the trees.

I don't make this stuff up! And I am not even trying to be somewhat positive and upbeat about the change of seasons BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE IT and therefore I can pout and kick and scream and scream BLECH BLECH BLECH if I want to, because it is my blog and this blog loves SUMMER!

So Happy September to all you fall lovers. As for me, k()@*#)_@*()%&$*(@)*#()_!*@.

Blech.


4 comments:

Hal said...

Haha you say Happy September and I say good-bye to August....either way I know we both feel the same, rather depressed about it, but I enjoy to say farewell rather than look forward at this transition.

Lisa said...

Okay, you say to-MAY-TOE and I say Tow-MA-TOE! Either way it is what it is!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jena strong said...

I see I'm not the only one feeling it...

Love all of your BLECH's!!
xo