Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oh what a beautiful day

peace by you.
With a beautiful day stretching ahead, it was hard to pinpoint exactly what was the perfect thing to do.  I was going to climb a mountain, but then my sister mentioned the beach.

The beach!  Perfect!  I thought it over, and within seconds determined that it would be lovely to jump into the Jeep and head to the seacoast.

So I did.  I picked up Tomasen and off we went, with the sun pouring down on us we joined a modest group of others who were drawn to the lure of the sea.  We walked for about an hour, then made a peace sign out of rocks, chased the piping plovers ...

plover by you.
 
and then went out to lunch.  But let's discuss these silly birds.  They are really quite comical.  They have these funny legs that look disjointed when they rush, because they always seem to be in a rush, and you have to keep an eye on them because they blend right into the environment, and poof, they are gone.  In this picture it is actually running by me very quickly, so it is amazing it came out as clear as it did.  I love beach pictures and seem to have a thing going for the birds.

So then we drove along the coast and found a restaurant that was serving out on their deck, right on the water.

Perfect!  The sun was still shining, and just as we asked for our check, a big cloud came along it it started to get chilly.  Great timing.

We then went to a restaurant supply store so I could get a spring-form pan, but on the way there rain drops were falling on our head, so we drove under this roof and put up the top.  And it poured.  And then the sun came out again.

Oh well.  I drove back to Concord, where Charlie had a game, and have concluded that driving in a Jeep with the back windows out is TOO NOISY.  I couldn't hear myself scream it was so loud.  The sun was out in full force and all the rain clouds were gone, so Charlie and I drove home with the top down.

Perfect day.

But you should see my hair :P

yikes.

2 comments:

Tomasen said...

It was THE perfect day and all born out of inspiration, sponteneity and fun!!
Thank you for coming down in the spur of the moment to give me something to do with all of my crazy energy!
I CAN"T believe you got that picture...at first I thought you must have downloaded it...until I saw his signature necklace!!
Can't wait to jeeeeep again with you!

Lisa said...

I know, I was very pleased with the pictures. It's funny, since Sedona I haven't taken a single picture. I needed yesterday to remind me that it is one of my passions, and that there ARE plenty of beautiful things to be photographed in these here parts!

And it's pretty easy to see why we jumped on yesterday with such a vengeance: it is fricking raining and gray again.