Monday, January 21, 2008

I am not perfect

Yes, yes, I know it's hard to believe, I am trying to wrap my head around it as well. But my goal to blog every single solitary day has already been thwarted by of all things a pesky head cold.

Yes, I don't feel good
::::::::::::::whine::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::whine::::::::::::::::::::

sniffle sniffle cough cough.

And I'm not happy about it. But should I be surprised?

Since the day I had my stupidometer taken out (otherwise known as gallbladder) I have been stupid and eating waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bad. I mean, I've ingested foods that haven't passed my lips in close to four years ever since, and it's not only catching up with me weight-wise -- but now my health is faltering.

I NEVER GET SICK. Well, not stupid cold sick, sure I almost die from internal blockages but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about colds. Ever since the stupidometerectomy I've had something going on in my head. Whether it be sinus issues, or an imminent head cold, I haven't felt fully operational for a while now. I am drinking my kombucha, but that is about the ONLY thing that I am doing, whereas before I was juicing, eating super foods, avoiding all fats like the devil and constantly ingesting supplements that were supposed to heal this and that.

So the path is obvious -- as is the cure. I need to return to my ways that secure good health and stop bowing to the god of potato chips. (Oh, do I love potato chips -- even with a gallbladder I was known to risk it, but without one? Honey, bring on the chips.) Oh, and you'll be happy to know that my dear, dear husband purchases potato chips in bulk because you can get four bags for five dollars instead of one bag for whatever. Even though I beg him NOT to buy potato chips, he points out that it is too good of a deal to pass up.

In recognition of our faltering diet patterns I concocted tons of home-cooked meals last week and we've been enjoying the fruits of that. But everyone was growing sick of eating the same things so Peter and the kids went shopping. This is never good. They returned chattering like magpies over their purchases.

"Don't let mom see that," they giggled.

"Can we have the hot fudge sundaes AND the swiss cake rolls for dessert tonight?"

As I gazed upon the mounds of high fructose corn syrup crap that they had bought, it felt like an assault. Was this a war? Were my attempts to have us eat healthy so easily thwarted by a bunch of processed crap with no nutritional value whatsoever? Were the hours and hours that I'd put into planning meals, shopping, chopping and dicing and stirring and sauteeing, etc. appreciated at all?

So even though it was near dinner time and they had all gone shopping and carried in bags of stuff they were trying to hide from me -- they all turned to me and asked me what was for dinner.

Are you kidding me? You want a war? I said calmly, "well, you're the ones who just went shopping, what do you have planned for the week?"

Peter said "oh, you're going to be like that."

Well yes! Yes, I think I am! That was last night, now they are roaming about wondering what is for dinner. Peter has commented that I probably won't feel like cooking because I don't feel good.

Ummm, they have no idea. This cold may last for a long, long time!!!

3 comments:

Tomasen said...

At least you don't have a "man flu". If you have not checked this out already then you MUST! It is hysterical. Deadly Bug.wmv
Let me know if that does not het you there!
Hope you are feeling better today!
Love,
t

Lisa said...

Darn, this hasn't been posting my comments I just noticed. What is up with that? GRRRRRRRRR.

The man flu is hysterical! Even Peter was amused.

I am feeling much better today -- can feel the creative juices flowing already! Now we're just waiting for it to warm up a bit so we can go skiing.

Cheryl said...

Yeah! I'm glad you are back! The sun is warming things up quickly. Can't wait to go check out man flu!