Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is Hilton Head



This was me last night after we arrived on Hilton Head Island, had unpacked the cars and were in desperate need of some poolside time with a bottle of wine. The weather was fabulous -- mid sixties, which is plenty warm enough when you've left the world of 30-degree temps and snow. The only thing wrong with this picture is the clogs with socks on -- I will remedy that today!





This is what is outside my bedroom window -- and when I opened my eyes I couldn't keep from smiling. Oh, I do so love the ocean and can't remember the last time I've heard it all night long while I slept. And to wake up to! Also, the sounds of birds ... always a sure sign of spring at home, and they have continued to remain silent. Forget the hedgehog (or the possum called Puxatawny Phil) I don't care whether or not he's seen his shadow. I know it is spring when I hear the birds have returned as they chatter to each other about their winter happenings.


This is right outside my bedroom door -- the screened porch with the sun beating upon it. I actually attempted to sit out there, but the temps are pretty chilly as noted by the fog on the water. I am not sure why I am awake since I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 a.m. and then woke up again at 3:30. It always takes a while to get accustomed to sleeping in a new place I guess and I keep thinking about all the things I want/need to do (with a carwash being uppermost on the list.) My car went through a snowstorm last Tuesday night that left it covered in salty residue.) No one down here is covered in snowy salty residue, believe me, and now is an opportune time to drive around in a clean car without danger of it getting dirty again. I also didn't bring a beach chair (how stupid) and my suntan lotion is sitting at home at the top of the stairs in the hallway, in that spot where I surely wouldn't forget it.

I want to scope out where to get GOOD food and figure out where the good, healthy restaurants are. I want to ...

...lay in this bed and listen to the do do do do do of the birds and the waves crashing on the beach and RELAX!

But first I have to look up in a dream dictionary what the hell it means to have a peacock attach itself to your head. Couldn't get the damn thing off, and I am letting you know right now, a peacock on the head is HEAVY business.

Later: I looked it up and it says to see a peacock in your dream represents spring, birth, new growth, longevity and love. It is a good omen.

No comments: