Monday, June 8, 2009

You know what drives me nuts?




Gas pumps that don't have the little clippy thingy so you can get it pumping and walk away.  You know, to like clean your windshield or file your fingernails or whatever you feel like doing with five minutes of your time OTHER than holding on to a nasty smelly pump and inhaling fumes.

I really hate that.  And why?  What is the purpose of not including that thing on the pump?  I used to stick the gas cap in there to hold it, but my cap is attached to the car, as are most these days.  And then I would use a water bottle, but I don't use plastic water bottles any more because I am saving the environment and all.  So.  I am basically screwed and have to stand there.

It drives me nuts.

I also don't like driver's ed.  At all.  Maddie is taking it and it is 15 minutes down the road.  If you drop her off and pick her up that is 1/2 hour.  BUT ... if you drop her off, drive home, drive back and pick her up, that is one hour.  (I like to exhibit my stellar math skills any chance I get!)  The town it is located in is a one-horse town.  In fact, there might not even be a horse, but what I am saying is that it is B-O-R-I-N-G.  Zip there, nada.  So.  Really my only option is to sit in my car for two hours or drive one hour and be home for one hour.  It doesn't really work any way you slice it.  And today is even better!  She had driving from 10-12.  So I drove her there then continued on another 20 minutes to the big city of Concord.  Where I had exactly one hour to do some shopping.  

Which isn't really enough time and before I knew it I had to jump back in the car and go pick her up.  And now we are home and at 5:40 I get to take her back down.  She keeps thinking she needs to get a job, but I tell her to be reasonable:  When would she work?  And do I REALLY need another thing to drive her to?

No.  I do not.

On another note, the lupine are blooming; the back patio is still showcasing lilacs and rhodies and my veggie garden is looking pretty good.


No comments: