Friday, September 26, 2008

Screwed and shaken

I am a bit dazed and confused after watching the debate between McCain and Obama.  Not so much from what they were saying, as that I didn't realize we were so screwed.



  I mean sure, I knew there were problems in the world (heck, read my blog, it's my favorite subject) but I don't think I've spent 90 minutes in a row thinking about all the wrongs in the world and the fact that they are really not solvable.  Not within the immediate future, if ever.

Forget about the financial disaster that has come out of nowhere (ha ha), and the war in Iraq, I guess I hadn't considered (despite the recent Georgia conflict) that Russia, despite being within hailing distance from VP Palin, is another big baddie that must be contended with.  So screwed.  Soooooo, soooooo screwed.

There is really only one answer:  We must have a do-over.  We must throw in all our assets, chips, borders, and iPods and start from scratch because the rules have long since been whited out and forgotten.  And anyone knows you can't play a game if you don't know how.  And EVERYONE knows that when you play a game with everyone's own different rules, fights ensue.  Bitter fights.  Kinda like wars.

So like I said, we're screwed.  And while McCain and Obama assured me that they had the dictators and regions down -- McCain was spewing out names clearly his tongue hadn't actually used before tonight -- I didn't get any warm and fuzzies from either of them in terms of saving our sorry asses.  Their pitiful banter about the state of the economy left me cold and McCain's insistence that we are winning the war in Iraq infuriated me.  At the very least I felt vindicated that Obama pointed out that HALF the problems that are being cleaned up (or what McCain feels is a victory) over there were caused by us.    But overall I just felt kind of sick.  

Because nothing is really going to change in the next four years because the hole is too deep and the shovel too small.

Do-over.  It's the only way.

It's like an Etch-a-Sketch.  You start out with all the patience in the world, and you create a pattern that is very logical and then all of a sudden you start to run out of gray matter ... and the little ball starts to get looser and then pretty soon you realize it's become a black mass of nothing.

So you shake it and start again.

We need to start shaking.

Like yesterday.


2 comments:

lizbetty said...

I wholeheartedly agree with the notion of feeling a bit screwed here. I also agree that Mcains ability for important person name recall and pronunciation was astonishing. Actually, It was pretty much the most memorable aspect of the entire debate. I did also observe that Obama should have probably had his ears surgically "pinned " as a child

Lisa said...

Oh dear, I think we were both focused on the same thing. I'd never noticed that about Obama's ears before ... but then again, I felt even more uncomfortable for him due to the fact that McCain REFUSED to look at him. (Do you think it was because of the ears?)

Because if McCain thought that Obama looked bad, Obama did a good job of not noticing that McCain looked like he was pasted with a gray matter that made him look 70 something.

Fortunately running for office is not a beauty pageant, though you can catch Sarah Palin in her bathing suit back in the day when she was actually in one. Just go to youtube.