Monday, September 29, 2008

Reporting from the darkness

ostrich-head-In-Sand


I have three incomplete blogs that I have abandoned between yesterday and today because I decided I didn't want to discuss politics any further because I was starting to freak out, and I didn't want to discuss my reaction to other people's reaction to the candidates because I was starting to freak out, and then I sat in a chair for about an hour and wondered why it affected me so.

And I decided it was because I let it.  And because I was buying into it, reading about it, immersing myself as usual in something I can do nothing about and as usual, it was making me crazy.

So let me tell you, the view here in the sand is purty.  It's a little hard to breathe, but so was it up there, with the sky falling and all.    And this is where I am going to remain until I can slough off all the negative ions that have been clinging to me and sinking into my pores.  My body brush got quite a workout this morning -- or my body did -- as I raked it with the sharp bristles in an attempt to remind myself that I am ALIVE, damnit, and all this crap is just that -- C R A P.

So I am going to take myself to a different place -- I am going to concentrate on positive energy, positive whatever, so that I will reinstate my regular positive outlook on life and then, and only then, will I extricate myself from this self-enforced darkness.

So ... just for kicks I googled HOPE, and then when I was taken to all these God-centric places, I rolled my eyes and said for crying out loud.  I did, I said that.  Because if you are turning to google for those answers, you are screwed!  And well, we already went over that already -- the key is to avoid the entity holding the screwdriver.

So then I walked away from the electronic sinkhole and gazed out at the trees that are starting to change colors and took some deep breaths and made the decision to avoid all news for a few days.  And especially the blogs that unearth all the crazy, nutty wack jobs that make up our government and population as a whole.  And then I returned to the electronic motherlode to report this.

Because that is what I do!!!!!!

When I'm not being an ostrich.


No comments: