Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Lovin'

I brought raw food choices to a party I went to last night, and I am happy to report that they were a hit!

Since I have a long and checkered past of grossing people out with my various stages of food forays (wheat grass and vinegar water come quickly to mind), I am never sure what people will think!  But the raw sushi and the raw spaghetti with marinara sauce and "meatballs," definitely surpassed my expectations in their reception and I went home with empty dishes.  Which is a good thing.

I also noted, as 14 of us crammed ourselves around one picnic table, that the food that everyone brought (to the table if you will!) was a lot more healthy than it has been over the years.   Now that we're all in our 40's it is clear that our tastes have changed!  Even for a party!

It was a beautiful summer night on the lake and it was fun to catch up with people that I haven't seen for a while.  I was also told that "if my name shows up in your blog tomorrow I will kill you," and of course my first inclination is to name that person, but SHE knows who she is, so we'll let it go at that!

And Linda, Annie and I came up with a brilliant way to avoid eating dessert.  After Happy Birthday was sung to Jeannie, the three of us trooped off to the bathroom to check out spots on our faces.  Linda thinks she might have another skin cancer, Annie wondered if she had it as well and I wanted them both to verify that I have a brown line above my lip (Peter says it isn't there!)  After we examined faces we fell into conversation and just stood there, as only women can do, and chatted incessantly about what I can't tell you because EVERYONE knows that when women head off to the bathroom together, it's always secret.  Always.

Then we topped off the evening with a Jeep ride home, with Michele, Linda and I screaming to Mama Mia at the top of our lungs, with the stars twinkling above our heads.

I love summer.

No comments: