Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blogging takes backseat to ... life?


I am not really sure where I've been.  I've just been an overall slacker.  I just finished posting NINE photos to my self-portrait thing, my house is a mess, the lawn needs to be mowed, I have to start packing for the Vineyard, it hasn't even been nice every day, and yet, the view above is probably where you'll find me.

Peter's brother has been at the lake and his children keep popping by.  Which means, we go to the lake to visit.  Or we go to the lake because it is sunny out.  Or we go to the lake because that is what we do!

In addition, Peter has switched to a four-day work week, which has turned into Friday being the day I end up going to Concord with him to do various and sundry things.  I'm not saying it's a pattern, but the past two weeks that's what we've done.  We've hiked in the morning and then headed off to Concord for the rest of the afternoon.  And then Saturday and Sunday, well, we go to the lake!

There are quite a few things I could blog about, but I'm just not in the blogging mood!  I am doing this out of duty!  I want to go watch TV (can you imagine, choosing THAT over this?) because I can't remember the last time I did that. (Well, I haven't done this in eons either, but I don't feel the flow ...) I am unfocused and that might have to do with the fact that I haven't eaten raw the past few days.  I have been B A D.

Here's the funny thing -- I could even take a computer to the lake and blog on the dock.  But I don't even think of it.

But that's fine.  That's what summer is about.  I'm finally in the rhythm of chilling out, and with the exception of one disturbing factor, all is good.

What is it, you might ask?  

It's my hair.  Because of the Jeep, and because I of course must have the top off, my hair is always a wreck.  I mean, always.  And ... I could care less!   I am hardly a hair nut, I wash it and that's about it, but I've always enjoyed wearing my hair down.  But now it's pony tails only and most of the time with a hat on.  So picture plastered down sweaty head ... with a little wind-blown thrown in, and that's me!

The other day I went to have my hair done and it was raining, so the top was up.  I came out and thought ... my hair can stay down!  What fun!

I told you I wasn't in the mood to blog.  I know, I know, discussing hair, how low can you go?

Well, I didn't talk about the weather.

Yet.




No comments: