Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love him, I really do, it's only been a few days, but he's my soul mate


I had an epiphany last night.  It hit me out of the blue like a brick between the eyes.

I am not eligible to be on The Bachelor as a potential bride-to-be.

I mean, overlooking the obvious reasons such as I am already married, don't want a man that has to have a stable of them to choose from and I'm not within the right age group, the one thing that stood out to me was:

I am not, have never been and never will be that PATHETIC.

Yeah, yeah, it's a label, blah blah blah but come on, are you kidding me?

Why would you do this to yourself?  As a lark?  Fine, then stick with that plan, because every single woman sobs into the camera how she didn't expect to, but she is "falling in love" with this man.  And then, humiliation after humiliation follows as these women who sort of become friends have to watch each other get kisses and time alone with the "prize."

OMG -- I am so not going to walk into a room after he's played tongue-tag with sexy blonde and then stick my tongue down his throat to try to get him.  I mean, gross.  But that's what they do -- they keep cornering the guy, trying to get him to kiss them.  I am saying this as though it is a challenge, but of course it's not.  The guy has 25 women who want to kiss him.  He's not using a stick.

This one is from London and he has the lovely accent and quite frankly, I'd be interested.  But not under those circumstances!  Not to mention LADIES ... to date not one match-up from this silly series has ever actually culminated in marriage.  So why put yourself through all the angst?  And again, the humiliation!  One sexy blonde kept repeating that she did NOT need to share a man with anyone, she did not NEED to be put into this situation, and yet ... she gushed with relief when she got a rose.  

It's like a dream situation for a guy -- he can weed out the uglies, wackos and brunettes if they aren't his style right from the get-go and then narrow it down to a nice manageable bunch who are all willing to do ANYTHING to get him.  You notice I do not question why the BACHELOR is doing this show.  I get that.  It's these women!  I can't find out whether or not they get paid -- but I hope so.

Anyway, I will never get to witness this humiliation myself.

Isn't that sad?


No comments: