Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Spring (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)















As a non-rule follower, I am not one to get too upset if say, Mother Nature decides to be a little coy in her delivery of Spring.  I mean, I can take a joke.  And just because the calendar says so, and half the country (and one state over) is talking about normal spring-like activities such as yard work and sports practice on green fields, I can hack a few extra weeks of winter, even if I am not particularly in the mood.

But this is ridiculous.  And this was today.


 











Up at the top of the mountain, it was gloriously beautiful.  The sky was achingly blue and the contrast of the ice-jeweled trees was spectacular (and near impossible to catch in a photograph).  I kept putting myself in the moment and enjoyed the scenery with all my being.

But come on now.  This is getting out of hand.  It is ridiculous.  Utterly.
    















I may have a smile here, but do you see behind me?  That is shiny moguls, shiny because they are encrusted in ice.  They are ice-oguls.  Inside I am not smiling, I am disgusted that I have to wear a hat.  Anyone who knows me knows I will endure some pretty frigid temps in order to ski without a hat and goggles.  To me, it is sheer freedom to have my hair flying in the wind as I zoom down the trail.  But today I had to wear a neck warmer for heaven's sake.  

It's wrong I tell ya.   We should be skiing in our spring togs -- light jackets, NO hats, and we should be getting our late season tans.  HA!

But every negative has a positive and it was fast skiing -- like whoa!  Next time I take my camera skiing with me, I am NOT going to be wearing a hat.  I don't care, Mother Nature can screw around with my head as much as she wants, but it's not going to be in a hat.  


No comments: