Monday, November 2, 2009

White moon rises over sunset


First I started complaining because it was getting dark before 5:00. Then I happened to turn the car towards home and gasped at the sight of the full moon.

It was amazing.

I decided to take a long way home so that I could drive into the moon with the mountain behind it. As I started down the hill I gasped again and poked Charlie.

Look at that sunset! Wow. I nearly drove off the road gaping (and gasping) between the picture of the moon and the portrait of the sunset, obviously on different sides, it was like being in heaven.

I arrived home and went to take pictures.

But my battery died.

And I didn't even care -- so there!




2 comments:

It Rhymes With Witch said...

I used to love the full moon .... when I was not in sync with it.

I've been 'on schedule' with mother nature for years now, so know that when that full moon arrives, I'm going to be uncomfortable, at best.

Lisa said...

Yes, I had the same thing -- until my schedule went wacky and there would have to be two moons a month for me to be in sync! It pours into my bedroom window at night and I have trouble sleeping, along with weird dreams.

But, it is so pretty!