Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bloggers Block

It is very infrequently that I don't have something to say or something percolating in my mind that I want to blog about. But I don't. I got nothing!

So ... since my other option right now is to clean the kitchen, I think I'll start typing and see if anything bubbles up.

We could, actually, have a 24-hour discussion on cleaning the kitchen because it seems that it is never really clean. The moment I walk away, things run from other parts of the house and jump on the counter, food containers mysteriously appear and condiments like to jump out of the fridge and remain topless with dirty knives nearby.

There are times I think I will lose my mind over that part of the house, I swear. But I don't want to discuss an unsolveable problem -- there's really no point. But let me tell you one way NOT to start out your day.

To dog throw-up.

I was biding my minutes before I REALLY had to get up this morning, when I heard a dog hacking in the hallway. Charlie was right there and I asked him to get the dog out. He said, "in a minute." A dog will not just hold their hacking/barfola-ing for a minute. I cringed and winced as I heard the dog yack again ... oh, the sounds. Then I went and put her outside, and then returned to clean it up. Sucked. Just what I wanted to deal with. Like the cat poop I had to clean out of the pantry yesterday.

Is there any particular reason to have pets? I am thinking not. Today I took two of the dogs (two out of three ain't bad) on a walk. For some reason they were not in the mood to listen. Instead of totally immersing myself in my surroundings and enjoying the blue sky and moderate temperatures, I was constantly yelling, "Lucy, Lucy ... come." Or, "Luna, Luna ... come." Lucy tears through the woods like it is her job -- and you can hear her crashing around -- but it is hunting season and it's really not smart to have no idea where your dog is. And I don't like it when they are so ... so fresh! They need to listen. First they barf on the floor and then no listening?

Wow, I really got nothing! So incredibly boring! I am truly only writing this blog because MY SISTER said I was getting lax. So tell me, do you like reading drivel or would you prefer that I keep my boring blogs to myself?

Ho hum.

I am now drumming my fingertips on the keys. I am not sure this has ever actually happened to me. I have .... BLOGGERS BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, at least I have a title. Better than "blog about nothing and a dog barfing," don't you think?

Hum ho.

I tried to stay up to see the meteor showers last night. The sky was just FULL of stars. Before I climbed into bed I stood at the slider door and stared. Nothing moved. Twinkle twinkle little star, an occasional plane, but that was it. I then climbed into bed and stared out the window, but I was staring at the Big Dipper, and kept thinking that one of those stars wouldn't go. That would be bad. Bye bye big dipper. Then I kept waking up and staring out the window. At one point my eyes were so blurry I could have seen just about anything, but I don't think I did. And did you know that around 4:30 the stars are kind of low? Like they are touching the ground? Or maybe I was dreaming it, who knows.

I had an idea for a book today. And then had an argument in my head that I can't start ANOTHER book until I finish the three that I already have going. Maybe that's why I can't write -- my creativity is boycotting the fact that I won't let it go unleashed. That's like saying my creativity has free will -- or it's like saying I have it caged. Which is it? Exactly.

I'm going to go clean the kitchen. At this point it seems like more fun.


3 comments:

It Rhymes With Witch said...

Keep blogging... even your drivel is interesting.

I want to read your books.

It Rhymes With Witch said...

And I don't write in my blog regularly either so don't beat yourself up.

Tomasen said...

Well...that was interesting. At least I found your blog with something on it and in the end it is your voice I am listening for and that was there loud and clear. Not loving the barf and poop stories, but heck I am the one who asked!! ba ha ha ha ha