Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Longing for my Jeep

Even I know I talk way too much about my Jeep.  I love my Jeep.

But here I am -- out in JEEP country.  Without my Jeep.  It's like torture.  One road after another, custom debilitated for a JEEP ... and I have to walk it.  I see my Jeep go by, and I yearn.

One hike after another is on a road that should not be traveled by anything but ... my Jeep.  The rental car is a Jeep Patriot.  Read: SALLY CAR.  The front end feels as though it is going to fall off, it shakes, rattles and rolls.  It is not equipped to take these crazy roads, and yet, I feel so sad that I am in the land of JEEEEEEEP.  Without mine.

Such Jeep envy, it's hard to keep in check!

I picture myself driving across the country in the Jeep -- and realize, I would have been a crazy pscyho had I attempted it.  It is loud, uncomfortable and I might have hit Chicago before having a full-fledged nervous breakdown.  But oh, it is so hard to see these Jeep people driving in their Jeeps, while mine is tucked away in a garage in NH, totally neglected and unloved.

Yeah, I'm weird.  No argument there, but I walk on these roads and know how much FUN it would be to trek over them in the car that was born to drive these roads and I feel so BUMMED!  Oh well.  At least it is good exercise!


1 comment:

Tomasen said...

Hmmm...maybe we should look into renting a "real" jeep?