Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hit like a ton of bricks

Sick Little Girl In Bed Clipart Image

I don't know what happened, but I went from being the most healthy person on the planet (read running up steep rock formations) with more energy than I knew what to do with, to a slug unable to get out of bed.

I flew in on Wednesday night and since I gained three hours, jet lag shouldn't have been an issue.  I woke up on Thursday morning feeling fine and then again on Friday, though I still hadn't had a chance to unpack my suitcases as I was thrown right back into "real life" with no time to dally.  Friday was all day standing on the mountain watching Maddie race, and I felt great, even hiked up the hill and was thrilled that the lack of high altitude made the climb feel easy peasy.

Saturday morning it was a little harder to get up.  In fact, my plan was to ski in the morning but that night I'd been attacked by a charlie horse and felt ... tired.  Went and watched Maddie race that afternoon and felt okay, but that is the end of feeling okay!  

Sunday morning was just AWFUL.  I couldn't move.  I could hardly lift my head off the pillow.  In fact, I didn't -- and it was beyond painful to get up at 2:00 p.m. to go pick up Charlie.  It was, actually, kind of scary because I could hardly keep my eyes open.  I managed to get myself on the couch and remained there for the rest of the day.  That night was hell -- I coughed all night long and didn't get any sleep.

Monday morning was a repeat of Sunday morning -- with the thought of having to wake up seemingly beyond my grasp.  Maddie needed to be at school though, and she kept yelling at me.  Again, another ride I shouldn't have been making ... I was a wreck.  Returned to bed and did not move the entire day.

I felt a little better last night and slept much better.  But this morning, though I didn't feel one hundred percent, I certainly felt alive.  I unpacked my suitcases, did laundry, made the bed, cleaned the kitchen, made a shopping list, went to pick up Charlie at school, went shopping, returned home and started to make dinner.  And Charlie said to me:

"It's amazing that you could be so sick yesterday and so fine today."

Yeah, what is up with that?  I realized that I felt FABULOUS!  Seriously.  Somewhere along the path of today I went from being sick to completely healed -- once again full of energy and the will to live.

What the hell was it?  I just never saw it coming.  I was in SUCH good shape, to have it come out of nowhere was so unexpected.  And yet, to have it leave just as quickly is equally as unexpected.

Yeah, I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll BLOW your house down.  Then I'll rebuild it.

You cool with that?


No comments: