Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm a rawdist

My new spiral slicer came in today ... and what luck!  I had a marinara recipe from a raw food seminar I attended last night and all the ingredients.  And this is most unusual, because I am finding that the greatest challenge with eating raw is eating the food within the very small window it is edible!  I had to throw away a browned avocado today ... though I trimmed the edges and put that on a piece of dehydrated onion bread with a slice of tomato, onion and some drizzled olive oil, finished off with a dab of celtic salt.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY.

But now I am just absolutely loving every bite of my zucchini pasta and marinara "spaghetti," that tastes very much like the real thing -- but here is the irony.  I don't much care for REAL spaghetti, but this stuff is making me swoon.  I threw in some big chunks of yellow pepper and it is SO DELISH.

So it is day ... hmmm, let me go check.  Last night my friend and co-rawdist, Linda (my new word, as in we're not going nude and being nudists, but we're going raw and therefore being rawdists) asked me what day I was on of the 21-day cleanse -- and I didn't know!  I did know when it ended because I checked awhile ago to see if it conflicted with the 4th of July weekend -- and it did not!   So I just counted and I am on day 14 of my 21 day cleanse -- but isn't it so cool that I don't know?  That I am not counting the days, seconds and hours to the end of my torturous cleanse -- because it's not torturous!  It is quite enjoyable and I feel so good that I am not in the least bit worried about the big day when I can eat other food, because I don't really care.

Oh wow.  I just ate a chocolate goji treat -- which I picked up last night.  Oh YUMMY YUMMY YUM.   A beautiful combination of goji berries (which is a superfood full of antioxidants and minerals as well as 18 amino acids, raw cacao powder, which is a superb anti-oxidant and is high in magnesium as well as naturally occuring chemicals related to love and bliss (Gawd you are looking so cute right now ... I love how that outfit is clinging to your ...) and Maca Root -- which my sister and I put into our green juice yesterday and were NOT happy, as it smelled bad, clumped in the juice and kind of tasted bad too.  

But mixed with this stuff, I don't notice it.  AND its properties help activate energy, vitality and libido (I was wondering if maybe you'd like to slip off that lovely outfit you are wearing .... ummmm, that's right, oh yes, that is perfect, now come on over here, oh, yes ... yes!  Yes! YEs! YESSSSSSSS!)

What was I saying?  Oh, that's right, I quickly remembered because maca root also promotes healthy memory function and helps uplift my mood.

I think I'm going to have another.  I don't know what type of cruel universe only puts SIX small little balls of bliss on a bag.    Hmmmm, now that I've eaten two, I should read the bag and see if it SAFE to eat two at once.  It does say a delightful treat for special occasions.

I wonder what I paid for them?

No comments: