Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BaBOOOOOOOOOOOOM


I just checked out the extended forecast for these here parts and it reads like a joke.  Every single day as far as the eye can see is the same picture -- of a cloud with a thunderbolt through it, raindrops falling down and some sun.  There is between a 30 and 60 percent chance of rain EVERY SINGLE DAY through the end of June.

Are you kidding me?  What did I do to the universe?  I get a Jeep and this is what I get?

The top has been on all weekend, since it started doing the rain game starting on Saturday.  That means I had roughly two days to enjoy the wind through my hair.  So this morning despite the fact that the sky wasn't exactly promising, Maddie and I figured out how to get the top down and off we went.  

The sky was just darn ominous looking and Maddie kept pointing it out.   Just before turning onto the highway I realized how silly it was and pulled over so we could put the top back on.  DAMN IT!  And, since it was only the second time it's been done, of course it took us forever to figure out.   I said maybe we didn't have to bother zipping the windows on -- that maybe the rain would pass ... and it was after Maddie insisted that we put them on and I was zipping one up when this big THUNDER BABOOOOOOOOOM comes from the sky and makes us jump.  We then pulled onto the highway and proceeded to drive into a rainstorm that was insane.  Wipers were on full bore, the road was a swimming pool ... and neither of us felt confident that we had put the top on properly because it sounded noiser than usual.  Which isn't really comparing apples to apples because the last time we'd driven in it rain wasn't banging on it (it sounds like you're in a tent) and thunder wasn't ricocheting across the land ... but you know, that uncomfortable, gee, I hope the top doesn't fly off feeling one gets while driving?

Oh, that doesn't happen to everyone?

Well, then Maddie wanted to know if it was even safe to drive in a thunderstorm in a Jeep.  I started to scan the road for any other Jeepers -- wondering if it WAS safe to be in basically a tent in the middle of armageddon.  Fortunately the sky ahead was blue and we drove out of it somewhat unscathed.

It's really ticking me off.  And if I wasn't in such a darn good mood from eating high energy foods, well then, I'd be in a bad one!

So there.



1 comment:

Tomasen said...

Ahhh...you SHOULD have come south. We had glorious sunshine and a great time at the beach!! Boo hoo for you!
Got some energy today for sure.