Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Well, well, well


I have not been writing much lately because I more or less replaced the time of day when I would blog with walking. And by the time I finish that, I am off and about doing other things that need doing and rarely have a chance to sit down and collect my thoughts. And then, because it is so easy to stop doing something on a daily basis, it just became more of the norm not to write at all. And then I would think, it's not like I even know if anyone reads it, I never get comments and it sure seems as though the blogs that are the most popular have loads of comments. And well, as all writers are doomed to do -- you feel sorry for yourself and stop writing. Because who cares, right?

Boo hoo hoo.

It also seemed as though the blogs that I frequent had dried up -- no one was talking as much. Somehow the group of people that I'd drawn inspiration from had curled up within themselves and were keeping it to themselves -- much like I was.

But the past few days I have felt like blogging and then it always comes back to the real truth -- who do I blog for? The world? Certain people? Or me?

I love to go back through and read my old blogs -- and it makes a wonderful historical record -- and it became quite clear that I write for me. And writing in a free form way is something I enjoy more than anything else in the whole wide world! When I am writing novels, they just kind of suck me in and my fingers fly and I am merely a conduit in which the words flow through. But when I do something like blog -- and just write and see what comes out, it is very cathartic.

With this in mind, after feeling all strawberry happy and all, I did some blog wandering and came across a link to 21-5-800 and within moments I was signed up. Now suddenly at my fingertips I had over 300 new blogs by creative writers who have all signed up to write every day for 21 days! Talk about a gold mine! And in addition, I had a challenge for myself -- to write for 21 days and do 5 yoga poses. Okay, I am in!!!!

I am not really sure how you go about counting words in Blogger -- and I am not that rule-oriented to even care if I come close to that many words. None of that ultimately counts -- what does is that I am excited about channeling my creative energies back to the old familiar drawing board. I must admit, I have been writing (hand writing) in a journal as of late, and there is something very comforting about it. But it's hard to say much because my hand cramps up and I can type like ten times faster than I can write.

There are so many ways to go about this -- I could choose one topic and discuss it every day. I could do what I always do and just ramble. I don't know, I am torn. Stream of consciousness writing has its merits, true. But it's not that hard -- especially to someone who does it a lot. I wonder if I should do like short stories or something. Hmmm. I wonder if there is somewhere I could get a daily topic.

Oh oh oh! There is. Since I am two days behind on this challenge, I am going to begin day 2's in another post using my idea generator.

The Internet is just so ... awesome.

(10 points taken off for using stupid word to end this blog!)
(10 points added for being witty enough to not actually end this blog using the word awesome.)
(10 points taken off for actually once again ending this blog with the word awesome.)

UNPLUGGING COMPUTER.


No comments: