Friday, May 30, 2008

Going coconuts



One thing I hate when I embark on some new adventure is that I never remember why something is good for you!  There is usually such a barrage of information that I am taking in that I am only able to remember that a certain thing is just fabulous for you to eat or drink.  But not why.

Yesterday I was excited to drink the coconut water from the young Thai coconut and while I knew it was good for me, again, I couldn't state why.  So I looked it up again, and I am not sure that with all it has going for it WHY I couldn't retain the reasons that this is a wondrous little miracle food -- but maybe it will stick now:

It's a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It's the fluid of life, so to speak. In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water - siphoned directly from the nut - to give emergency plasma trasfusions to wounded soldiers.

Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol!

Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories

Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk

Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk!

"Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts, and Vitamins to ward off fatigue... and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural!", according to Mortin Satin, Chief of the United Nation's Food & Agriculture Organization.

So there you have it.  

Now I just need a cleaver.

No comments: