Saturday, March 20, 2010

Skiing, continued

Oh! Oh! oh!

Or should I say OUCH!

I woke up this morning with every muscle in my body aching. EVERY. Single. one.

I think even my nose ached. And the hairs on my head.

But. It was a ski day.

So off we went, and we were first on the slopes. And we skied.

And skied.
and Skied.
and skied.

OUCH.
Ouch,
OUCHO!

Every time we tried to quit, due to the fact that our bodies were no longer capable of supporting this crazy habit, we would go down a trail and the combination of the snow, the blue skies, the overall SPRING SKIING EXPERIENCE, would cause us to go for another one.

And another.
And another.

Until we cried UNCLE!

I am sitting here and almost relishing the fact that my butt muscles hurt; my calves are screaming and (well that's really all, the rest of the body is cool) because I EARNED every single bit of it. I skied like I have always skied -- uninhibited and in pure joy -- and then we basked in the sun on "BBQ Beach."

And on the drive home, as visions of sleeping late ran through my head, and perhaps reclaiming my body before all this ache, in the hot tub, Maddie said she wanted to ski tomorrow. And I just looked at the forecast, and it's not supposed to rain until later.

Shall I?

I think I shall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd, I love to ski


1 comment:

Hal said...

You are all freaks!!! I have no idea how I belong in this family! haha. BUt I guess I gorgeous day skiing is better than this silly city where we had pelting snow all day.... yea I was not happy. haha