Friday, March 19, 2010

Ski day!



OH! OH! OH!~

What an AMAZING and fantastic ski day today. We were on the slopes by 9:00 and the sun was shining and the conditions were amazing.

And we skied.
And skied.
And skied.
And skied.

Finally at about 11:45 I had to go in for a bathroom break; but we made it quick because we were SO AFRAID that the conditions would get worse. As each hour passed, it got mushier and mushier, but it was still so awesome!

Yes, AWESOME!

Then the legs started to go. As we plowed through mashed potatoes, it was obvious that it was either carry on and risk serious injury, or go for lunch and a beer.

At quarter of two, that is what we did. And sat out on the deck and basked in more sun.

I am so impressed with the fact that I haven't skied for a month, but was able to maintain crazy fast speeds right until the last run. I attribute it to the long walks on the beach, but most especially to the BIKE RIDING! Woo hoo, if that isn't a tribute to cross training I don't know what it is! My legs held up like champs. I skied as though I have been skiing every day since I left.

What a great, great day. I would rather have been where I was all day, then on the beach. Seriously.

Everyone once in a while you have to be reminded why you live somewhere.

Today it was loud and clear!

Over and out!


No comments: