Thursday, January 1, 2009

A meme about 2008

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?  Wow, hmmm, this is a tough one.  I started to eat a diet centered around raw food.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more this year?   I don't really do that ... I mean, I of course want to lose weight, exercise more and become all that I can be.  The usual.

Did anyone close to you give birth?  No, I am in that stage where my friends and myself are done having babies and we're in no hurry to become grandmothers.

What countries did you visit?   Well none!  That isn't right.  We'll have to fix that this year.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?  More knowledge about the things that I don't know.  More patience.  The end of the public school system.

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  November 4, 2008 -- the day that Barack Obama was thankfully elected to become the next President of the United States.  I cried.  A lot.  

And October17-20, 2008 when we rented the same house in Chappaquiddick that we did 30 years ago to celebrate my father's 80th birthday. 

What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Gosh, I didn't win the Nobel Prize this year, so I can't claim that.  Nor did I scale a really tall mountain.  I did lose 20 pounds and learned the secret of losing even more.    I don't like this question.

Did you suffer illness or injury?  No.  In fact, I don't think I was sick at all, nothing memorable anyway.

What was the best thing that you bought?   Oh, this one is easy!  My JEEEEEEP!  The car I've always wanted.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  Charlie's teachers.  The way they treat him (and probably the rest of the student population) disgusts me beyond belief.  Even if he is the WORST student they have ever had (and believe me, they tell him this) then so what?  I'm sorry, but aren't they adults with "training" to teach children?  Or did I miss something?

Where did most of your money go?  Towards organic food.  Seriously.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?  I know this sounds ridiculous, but the first time I drove around in the Jeep with the top down and the music blaring, I couldn't stop smiling.  I love my Jeep.  (And it's not like I've given birth recently or anything!!!)

What song will always remind you of 2008?  Anything from the Mama Mia soundtrack.  Screaming it at the top of my lungs ... ummm, in the Jeep.

Compared to this time last year, are you a) happier or sadder?  b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?  I am definitely happier because I am thinner and I am always rich.

What do you wish you had done less of?     Less getting caught up in stuff like Peak Oil, corporate greed, conspiracy theories and the like.  I'd just rather focus on the good stuff.  Positive.  Flow.  Peace.

Did you fall in love in 2008?  If I say with my Jeep, does that make me shallow?  LOL

How many one-night stands?  The Jeep isn't talking, and neither am I!

What was your favorite TV program?  One Tree Hill

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?  I don't hate anyone.  Except for ... well no.  I hate no one.

What was the best book you read?  In terms of total reading satisfaction, I would have to say Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series and her other book, The Host.

What was your greatest musical discovery?  Secondhand Serenade and Joshua Radin.

What did you want and get?  Whatever I intended.

What was your favorite film of the year?  A tie between Mama Mia and Twilight.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  I turned 45 and I was busy traveling so it was hard to do something "special," since life was being special!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  To have Charlie in a school situation that was tolerable to both of us.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?  Hiker chic.

What kept you sane?  Blogging.

What political issue stirred you the most?  Sarah Palin and the thought that she could have been voted into office.  My hair still stands on end at the thought.

Who did you miss?  Hallie, because she lives in Chicago.  But not so much because we keep in close touch.

Who was the best new person you met?  All the people I became close to at my raw food class.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.   You can't change people.  Period.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.  You Light Up My Life (as sung to the Jeep.)  BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.






No comments: