Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Raw World here we come

Tomorrow I am off to Maine for five days to become a raw food instructor.

What, you might ask, is that?

Well, if you are interested, check out this link The Living & Raw Food Diet - Alissa Cohen-- my instructor will be Alissa Cohen herself, and I am really looking forward to it.

I have dabbled in raw food and I know that it makes me feel unbelievable.  And yet, even knowing this, I continue to eat "dead" food.  Because it is addictive.  It really is.   And I know this, and hopefully I will gain the tools to overcome my inevitable return to the foods that are bad.  And when I say bad, I'm not even talking junk food!

Since the middle of August, knowing that tomorrow was coming, I have been eating foods with the thought that it might be the last time.  Ever.  I don't even know if that upsets me, in fact, it makes me feel a little better in a way.  And I can still cook foods -- which I've always enjoyed -- I just won't eat them.  But then again, will I do that?  Which will I give up ... the cooking or the eating of cooked foods?

Which brings about another factor ... my family.  I guess if there is nothing else in the house for them to eat and no one else preparing anything else, they will eat my diet?  I don't know.  For it seems that we eat way to much food to begin with.  I look at the daily diets of people who eat raw, and it's not much.  Today I had a smoothie with blueberries, banana, coconut milk, maca powder and camu powder (for extra vitamin C because I've had a cold knocking at my door) and that is all I had until 3:30.  Then I had some of this goat cheese torta that I bought for the weekend that was never eaten, and well, kept thinking, is this my last meal?  

Nope.  Peter of course wanted to know what was for dinner.  I found some turkey burgers in the freezer, so it looks like turkey burger will be my last meal.  How exciting!  Not.

But what about next Tuesday when he asks what is for dinner?  I've tried to warn them, but they don't hear me.  All they know is that their world's can't change ... because they just can't!  And all I know is that mine must.

Should be interesting ... I'll let you know Tuesday what happens!


No comments: