Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Moon over My Jammy

http://www.air-and-space.com/Moon%20200408.htm

You see that?  That is why I am WIDE awake at nearly 1:00 a.m.  I haven't yawned once in all the hours I have been waiting to feel the slightest bit tired.  I am loathe to go upstairs and lay there, tossing, turning and groaning as I wait to fall asleep.

I have been watching this series on TV for the last (OMG) five hours, and I am a little dazed from staring at the screen, and I hoped that maybe I was tired enough to go to bed.  Except that I'm not.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

There is nothing worse than laying there counting the hours until you have to wake up.  I hate it.  But there are just some full moons that I can't escape, and I knew when it was midnight and I wasn't tired that something was up.  And I looked outside and I could see across the field and down to the tree line it is so light out there.  The moon shines right in over my bed ... or at least it will for a few more hours, then it will be turning the corner and setting on the other side of the house.  I know this because I've seen it before.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

I hate to sit here mooning about it, but what else to do?

I just forced myself to yawn.  I've never done that before -- I felt like a horse.  Try it.  Open your mouth wide and yawn.  Doesn't it feel fake?  Well, probably not, if you're fortunate enough to be tired.  The third try turned into a somewhat authentic yawn, though it didn't make me feel tired.  Yawning without being tired ... it's faking it.  

Note to self:  YOU ARE BORING WHEN THE MOON IS KEEPING YOU AWAKE.

Sorry.


2 comments:

Tomasen said...

And what time were you writing this? Funny, but I was able to get to sleep last night...sorry for you though!

Lisa said...

That was written at 1:00. I did go to bed soon after and stared up at the moon. Whatchya gonna do? Any more Tree Hill and I'd have exploded!!!