Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Damn worms

This year it is the cabbage worm.  I know how I will solve this in the future ... I WON'T PLANT CABBAGE.  Geesh.  So that is what I have been doing the past few hours.  Picking off tiny green worms from my plants.  Oh, those wonderful, lush plants that now all look like swiss cheese.

I actually did see the little white butterflies (or moths) flying around and thought in the back of my head it was odd.  Now I know what they were doing, laying their larvae which became the fricking worms.  I must admit these are not anywhere as disgusting as those tomato worms, but they are just as annoying.  And there are beetles too.  I hate picking those off, because they stick to your fingers.   I am completely grossed out.  I would pull the cabbage now, but it looks so darn close to done.  And beautiful ... most of the kale has been eaten, nice.  They don't like curly purple kale though, that is going strong.  They apparently don't like purple cabbage either, which I didn't plant.  Haven't hit the lettuce yet, but they are busy.

Sometimes I get chemicals.

No comments: