Friday, July 29, 2011

Always talking about the weather

Since I no longer like the sun and despise the heat, I was a little concerned about going on vacation on an island where the sun is kind of king.  After several weeks of 90-plus temperatures and non-stop sweating while sitting still, I drove onto the island and everything changed.  The temps have been heaven.  Combined with a near constant sea breeze, I have been inhaling moving air and loving every minute.  And even sitting on the beach was fine because it was never ghastly hot.  And floating in the sea, well, it's always been my thing.

We have been here since Sunday and have had a few cloudy days when we first got here that I was overjoyed with.  I have done a lot of bike riding and it is nice when the sun isn't blazing down on you.  Then we had two not-a-cloud in the sky days in a row and we stayed on the beach for hours.  Then today came along and it was cloudy with scattered sun and I was thrilled.  A perfect day to ride bikes or not feel the pressure to get to the beach/.  Love it.  I am sitting on the deck with the breeze swirling about me, the sun keeps popping out and there is no where I want to be.  No where.  But here.  Enjoying this moment, this time in a vacation where Maddie and her friend have left and the dynamics have switched back to my parents and Charlie and me -- which makes it fewer people and a little less drive to "do" anything specific.  Charlie is now in the kitchen making brownies and it is just peaceful and sweet.

In fact, I just closed my eyes and almost fell asleep listening to the wind rustling through the trees.  I guess you can call that relaxed!!!!

I just took a look at the extended forecast and it is all sunballs, with temps never climbing higher than the 80s.  Ooooooh, so looking forward to another week in paradise.

1 comment:

Hal said...

sooooooo jelly! hehe like my spelling there? Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it out there!