Friday, January 22, 2010

Lady Gush Gush

Born into a wealthy New York City family and named Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, she longed to break away from her strict Catholic upbringing. Does that sound familiar?

Madonna reincarnated? Kind of. Except that Madonna is still alive! But seriously, I loved Madonna way back when -- I loved how CRRRRRAZZZZY she was (and then when she went overboard I backed off.) And here is this new crazy woman and I just LOVE HER!

I was instantly drawn to her music before I even knew who she was -- and then I saw her on Ellen -- and fell madly in love with her. She is such a bright star in that her pureness just seeps out of her. She is exactly what happens when you become true to yourself -- when you stop trying to fit yourself between the lines and paint yourself the color that everyone thinks you should be. When you do whatever feels good and you act as crazy as that feeling good makes you. You become light. Pure light.

Lady GaGa is just that.

Now she is on Oprah, and I was drawn to write about her. GaGa comes from the Queen song Radio GaGa -- and she said it was a nickname that her friends had for her and it made her feel safe in her different-ness (my word!) and not feel like such a freak all the time. She prefers to be called GaGa, it is who she is now.

So she comes out on stage with her hair all spikey and her microphone attached to a ball and chain, which she smashes against a taxi on the stage. She is singing her heart out, banging and dancing around ... then she walks to the piano and sings her song Speechless. Just her singing her heart out while she plays -- and she is so BEAUTIFUL. (Did I already say that?) I think she had said on Ellen that she wrote the song after her father died??? I could be wrong, but the emotion on her face when she finishes the song just blew me away. BLEW ME AWAY. She is so beautiful. (Seriously, I need to come up with a new adjective, and no I haven't been drinking.)

For all of her CRAZY costumes and big bang appearances, she is quite shy and demure when being interviewed.

Being provocative is not just about getting people's attention, but about affecting them some way. Each costume has a message -- she doesn't put together costumes purely to be weird. She has a message each time. Obviously a lot of us aren't getting that message -- but when she explains them it makes so much sense! (But then again, many famous paintings don't make a lot of sense.)

Her message at the end of the show brought not only Lady GaGa to tears, but me too.

She wants you to free yourself and love all the things that you don't love about yourself and she says that so genuinely to everyone <> and that she loves everyone very much -- because she knows how people feel. Never give up on your dream.

That kind of humility is so wonderful to witness.

Okay, I will stop being Lady GushGush. But I don't have to if I don't want to.

So there!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Lisa said...

Yeah, I'll go visit your site right after you tell me what you think about Lady GaGa. Thoughts? Opinions? I mean, you make all that cash, you must have time to take a break and think, right?

Tomasen said...

She is an amazing performance artist. I saw her interviewed with Barba Walters.