Saturday, January 9, 2010

And so we begin two thousand and ten

I most definitely do not do New Year's Resolutions, but one of my "intentions" was to be on the computer less. I want to spend my time doing things that are a little more creative than meandering about the web reading blogs -- and while blogging for me is a creative venue, I find that I will do that instead of write my own "stuff."

Hence the lull. I also caught up on correspondence to people -- and wrote long, newsy emails (to which I normally get a few lines in response!) and that, on top of having the MOST LAZY of lazy weeks between Christmas and New Year's -- when I did nothing too strenuous, and I think coming up with an idea for a blog was just ... too much! So I didn't. Hell, half the time I didn't even get out of my jammies. I watched movies and read and played ping pong and Wii and jammed on the guitar hero and sang on the karaoke .... you know. Those things. It was FABULOUS!

And last week I skied three days -- three glorious days of wonderful skiing. I have to say, when Peter said he didn't HAVE to ski yesterday, I was a little psyched. I mean, I would have ... but instead we went to see Avatar. We went to the 11:30 a.m. showing, and it was PACKED. Seriously? Doesn't anyone work? No, I do not, but still. Both the slopes and the movie theatres have far too many people in them during the week. That is MY TIME! Go back to work people!

The movie was okay. I mean, I had read something about how he had started the script years and years ago (James Cameron of Terminator, Titanic fame) but put it away because the technology wasn't ready for it. So, okay, the technology was cool. The 3-D is not your grandmother's 3-D -- it is way cool and the glasses only gave me a little headache (later.) But the story? Hello. Same old story -- as predictable as they come. I enjoyed it -- but I didn't love it. And truly, I just don't believe that the beings in all the other universes/planets are peace loving and we are the ONLY species that loves war. No, I just don't buy it. There are just as many of us out there that are peace loving as there are greedy and war mongering. Just once I'd like to not be cheering against "us," you know?

Then we went to look at the new iMac's. Oh mama. MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA. They are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have the 24" screen -- just a slice of sheer heaven thank you very much. But the new model is 27" and has HIGH DEFINITION. It's like you are there. Not sure where that is, but yes, I gotta be there. Pretty sure I have Peter convinced that he needs to take this one to the office and the big beauty needs to come ... to mama! (Okay, not pretty sure, it will be a done deal ... I just need to get his accounting "stuff" on here and he'll be on board.)

I have been reading this wonderful book that I need to do an entire post about -- because it really has had such an impact on me. I have read so many books on this and that. When someone mentions a book, usually I've read it. But did they impact me? No! Not like this one! This one spoke to me like none ever have before.

So I will leave you with that little enticement!

Gotta go dance now!


No comments: