Thursday, December 3, 2009

The wellness of PMS ????


There's nothing like a day when you are hopped up on PMS hormones to get a few things (or a dozen) done!

The morning started out with an actual sleep-in, where I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed and tried to decide if I was going to tackle the pantry or mud room today. These are both PROJECTS and need the right frame of mind and the perfect day. Since it was pouring, it seemed like that day had come.

I drove Charlie to school in a mad pouring rain storm and about halfway home there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was sunny. It was like a post-rainstorm wonderland out there. The dark, wet roads reflected the blue sky and it was beyond surreal. Like driving your car in a lake. I couldn't keep my mouth shut I was that much in awe. There were raindrops clinging to trees with the sun streaming through them creating mini rainbows by the thousands. And me without a camera. Well who knew? It's been rather dull and gray out there up until this morning's Disneyland. It was wild!

Then I realized it was actually hot out! I actually considered taking the roof off the Jeep, not only to say I did so on December 3rd, but because it was actually not that unreasonable. It was obvious that there was NO WAY I could do anything indoors, so instead I decided to go on a nice long walk -- and the dogs were so hot they actually went swimming. Bizarre I tell ya.

Once home I got down to some serious cleaning, the old down on your hands and knees scrubbing type cleaning. Every spot in the rug got zapped and attacked. Every dead fly carcass was sucked up and I even took apart the vacuum cleaner because it was running in a peckish manner. In the meanwhile I had laundry going non-stop and I wrapped a bunch of presents. Then when Peter walked through the door I insisted we go pick out a Christmas tree.

I mean, typically we wait until it is frigid cold and the poor tree needs to thaw out for a few days. Why not go out on a balmy 65-degree afternoon and get one? Especially when the pickings are less slim! So we found a lovely 10-footer, threw it into the back of the truck, and I assumed it would hang out for a week or so before we put it up, but when he suggested what the heck, let's put it up now, I ran in and rearranged the living room and then helped him carry it in. Wow! A true first. We never get it up before the week before Christmas.

I am not saying it is decorated. I have cranberry and popcorn strings to make (and it appears that once again I will be doing it alone as Hallie is my only willing assistant!) It's a big tree. It's gonna take a while!

Then I went through all of my ski stuff and repacked it because we are headed up to Maine for a ski weekend. Not sure what the conditions will be like, since it hasn't really been very wintry yet, but I am looking forward to hitting the slopes. Again, very early this year, I don't usually get out until after Christmas. I guess we are ending this year with a bunch of unusuals!

The thing about this hopped up PMS jig is that when it is up I get hit with the opposite: Total and complete lethargy and the inability to determine how I will make it through the day! Ahhh, well, not that bad, but man, talk about making hay when the sun shines or whatever the saying is! I get it! I embrace it. I am one with my cycle. In fact, in my gleaming house that smells like evergreen, I look forward to dropping on the couch and enjoying it all!

Did I mention I got a bunch of presents wrapped today? I am so unlike myself. I like this self. Hello, would you like to stay for a bit longer?!!!!



4 comments:

Hal said...

you know who else doesn't have a camera???? ME! b/c someone has my charger!!! haha

I'm so excited bout the tree though! that's awesome. I can't wait to see it!

Hal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I will spend a lifetime wondering what comment was removed by the author!!!!!

Too chicken?!!! LOL

Hal said...

hahahah no it was mine! accidentally put it up there twice. oops :)