Saturday, December 26, 2009

Flying now means no peeing

Now all the guy in the black has to do is sneak up and smash the guy in the back of the head with his shoe. Oh, that's right, the shoe has been scanned and is not considered to be a lethal weapon. Hmmmmm.

Oh geesh. Now due to this stupid guy (potential terrorist or just plain nut case) not only do we have to take off our shoes when flying on an airplane, we also can't leave our seats an hour before the flight lands or have anything on our laps.

Will this solve anything?

No, of course not. But it will make it look as though something is being done. Though the truth of the matter is that little is done to thwart terrorists; all the pleasure is forwarded on to passengers, who have to pay the price by pretending that not going to the bathroom an hour before the plane lands will actually result in the saving of lives.

It might end up in wet seats, and how lovely a thought is that? Or irate passengers with Montezuma's Revenge running for the tiny little closet to relieve themselves before they shit their pants. In other words, if you want to blow yourself up, it is highly unlikely that the airlines will ever come up with the solution. What does seem to be the largest solution of all is other passengers.

In this situation, a male passenger sitting several seats away dove onto the guy. Let's face it. We were a different flying bunch prior to 9/11. We didn't look at every passenger as a potential terrorist nor finger our belts and keep in mind that if anything looked sketchy we can rip them off and start whipping the mini-knife toting religious nut jobs. I don't think a plane full of people will ever again sit quietly and wait to crash into a building. Knowing that their lives are at stake, I think the sheer number of passengers versus nut jobs is always going to be a factor in any future attempts. The same thing happened with the shoe bomber -- he was instantly jumped on by fellow passengers.

All planes these days are full. If you have some guy sweating through most of the flight and mumbling sweet Allah's, then it is your moral responsibility to keep an eye on this person. If they come out and attempt to light themselves on fire, then knock them out!

Why didn't this guy light himself on fire in the rest room is my question? Because he really didn't have the capability to do anything major, perhaps? But the sole act of going through the motions and starting himself on fire would put the airlines on high alert and then pass on the obnoxious "safety procedures" onto passengers?

That is what I think. I mean, what was the point of returning to his seat and alerting other passengers to his actions? He could have quietly and with no intrusion done so in the lavatory and no one would have been any the wiser, right? You telling me that the same party who put together the grand scheme that resulted in 9/11 came up with this as their next great act? I don't think so.

And I am so thankful that I have no imminent plans to fly in the future, because I swear to gawd, if I had to take a pee and was told I had to remain in my seat, I might just possibly lose my cool. I put up with the stupidity of taking off my flip flops so that all the things I could have hidden in the 1/4 inch of material can be detected in the X-Ray machine; )but on the other hand I always put through large containers of hand cream, shampoo, ice packs, water, etc. just to prove that I can and that it is a flawed system and it just makes me feel better about the shoes!) And I've watched as the security measures have been relaxed and I guess someone decided that wasn't right and so they did this?

I don't know. All of this just has too many holes in it to be construed as a major terrorist attack. And we no longer have any media source that is actually capable of getting the real story. I have run through dozens of outlets and the story is all over the place -- from lethal explosives to powder that is used in hair products and tucked into camera batteries. And then those stories are followed by commentary that makes me actually understand why some people hate people so much for their beliefs. The whining that this is because of Obama is sooooo stupid. No, when Bush was president NOTHING happened. Nope. Not a thing. Oh, but I did discover the name of the book that Bush was reading on that fateful 9/11 morning. Something about a goat. Good fricking lord.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.


No comments: