Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dear Diary!



I was just putting in all the pertinent dates for Maddie and Charlie for the upcoming school year, when I lost my head for a moment and forgot that we are still in August. As I put in all their vacations and such, I realized that I couldn't write down when they are returning to school from winter break. My next thought was, Oh, I need to get a 2010 calendar.

NO! I quickly folded up the school calendars and placed them in the back of my still not done 2009 calendar, closed it and rushed away. I do not want to become so organized that I have to have next year's calendar going. Oh no. NO NO NO!

I started it because I was curious as to whether or not Maddie and Charlie's vacations were close together, and for the most part they are. Maddie starts school a week later than Charlie and she doesn't return from long weekends and breaks until the following Tuesdays, where he goes Mondays (which makes more sense if you ask me!) but all in all they match -- even their spring breaks are only a few days apart. That is good.

So Peter and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife last night -- and it was really good. I had read the book a long time ago, so I got the general concept; Peter was very confused at the beginning, but I think they did a great job. It also helped that I couldn't remember how the book went -- and I searched high and low this morning for it so that I could refresh myself. But it is nowhere to be found. Where do all the books go? Oh well, I enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed the book at the time, that is all that matters.

Maddie tried out for a softball team that plays over the summers (so she won't actually start practicing until January 2010, and no, I am not putting that on my calendar either!) We watched the try-outs for a while before we went to the movie, and all of the girls were really good. Such killer arms! Wow. She made the team, which is great, out of all that competition that is quite an honor, and I can't wait for the games next summer! Her high school team games are okay to watch, but I bet these are going to be amazing.

This is a little Dear Diary-ish, but them's the brakes. I have been reading all afternoon and I am anxious to return to my book. I am currently reading two; The Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay, which Charlie is reading for school and I happened to start and while it's not excellent/fabulous, I am the type that once I start, I must finish! The other one I downloaded on my kindle this afternoon when my sister-in-law mentioned an author that I liked and that she had two new books! Score! So I downloaded them, by Laurie Moriarty, on top of several others I also downloaded, so I am headed into a big reading phase.

Which is where I am headed to now.

Dear Diary:

It looked like rain all day so we didn't go to the lake to play. Instead I read.

The end.


No comments: