Monday, July 20, 2009

Dreaming inferno

Picture of Fire / Flame Textures - Free Pictures - FreeFoto.com


I had the most vivid dream last night.  You know it's a keeper when a full 24 hours later you can remember it in strong detail.  

I was in a big building, sort of like a big barn, and it was night out and there was a festive atmosphere.  This large barge-like thing with fireworks was going through the barn, when it caught on fire.  As the explosions began, I stopped and tried to keep people from running towards it.  There were lots of kids and they were excited to see the fireworks; they didn't sense the danger.

I was completely panicked.  I kept yelling through the bedlam that it was too dangerous, that the fire was growing out of control.  I realized that I couldn't stop them and so I started running out.  Then I noticed a room and a child was in it, laying on a bed.  The room was completely white and sterile and I realized the child was burned.  Not from this episode, but from something else.  I knew I had to get the child out, but I also knew that the child was greatly damaged and needed all of the supplies that were in the room.  I struggled to pick up the child and grab all the "stuff," that I could.  But it kept falling to the floor.  I put the child back down and searched frantically for something to use to carry things, but there was nothing.  I was completely helpless and nonplussed as to what to do next, and then the smoke started coming into the room.

That was the end of the dream (thank heavens) but it really stayed with me, all day long.  As a result I had that feeling that something was off, something was wrong, and then I would think of the dream, and wonder if that was what was making me feel uneasy.

I looked up the significance of fire in a dream, and what do you know.  It said that it could indicate a transformation in your life, say for example a new job.  And the fire indicates that it is burning down all the barriers to that transformation.

I had a job interview on Friday.

The brain is such a cool thing.


No comments: