Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The lone bird

There has to be a middle ground -- a place where truth can be received and ingested and considered.  There is no way we can continue in a world where news that is considered legitimate comes from corporate (and government, how the hell do I know?) backed sources.  And any other news of any other kind is considered a conspiracy theory.  It's not right.

I watch people's eyes glaze over when I start to talk about certain things.  I get it.  I get that not thinking about horrible, crazy, scary things is far easier than doing so.  Believe me, I get it.  I have to stop, sometimes and pretend that the world is a wonderful, unscary place where the birds are only falling from the sky because you know, that happens sometimes.  Blasted fireworks.  And I am the first one to admit that I will get caught up in a "conspiracy theory" and go overboard with believing it with no other proof than someone is telling me so.

But how is that really any different than being told there is no concern that birds and fish are dying?  I have no proof from supposedly legitimate sources that this is so.  I just take their word for it?  On my email loop today everyone was commenting that there is too much cancer around.  Too many people they know are getting cancer.  Perhaps people went to too many fireworks?

That certainly seems more plausible to some people than the fact we are surrounded by cancer-causing agents, including the cell phones we keep glued to our brains and the constant emission of high frequency radio waves our electronics send out and the food we eat that has been radiated in one form or another.  (Take this into your brain if you dare:  Hundreds of cows out in a big, green beautiful pasture.  And underneath an antenna runs below their free range feet and emits gawd knows how much crap into their udders.  You know, where the milk comes out.) But no one wants to hear that kind of thing.  It sounds ridiculous.  It sounds ridiculous.  I am agreeing with you.  And yet, more and more people keep getting cancer.  Where is it coming from then?

I don't think that corporations want to kill people, I just don't think that they care if they do.  So does that make it okay?  The entire system that people believe is in place to protect them is the very system that protects those doing the bad things.  The scary things no one wants to think about.  But you are a nut job if you believe anything other than what you are told via the news channels people watch and feel confident that they are being informed.

There is always someone in control. Always.  Whatever your system of government is depending on where in the world you live, there is someone else besides you that controls what happens to your life, ultimately.  As Americans we grow up to believe that we are special -- we live in a democracy and we are free to do whatever we want, whenever we want.  It's a beautiful idea, it really is.  But terribly naive.

I just feel fortunate that I did not come to this planet with a burning desire to control people or to create fortunes or put other people's lives in danger for the sake of bettering my own.  And if you are that type of person, then you should feel fortunate as well.  But the other side of that coin is that you are in danger of falling into the path or clutches of such a person ... or group of such people ... and becoming collateral damage, which in other words means nothing.  You are nothing.  Dead is dead, gone is gone.  Bye bye.

I remember when I was younger and a news show like 20/20 or Nightline would be on, and they would unmask this horrible thing -- some awful thing that some company had done or some government entity had done, and I would think, wow.  This is really going to shake things up.  And yet ... that was it.  It was one show and it was never mentioned again.   And I couldn't find all that many people who had seen the show so there was no one to discuss such horrific events with.  So I would sit with it.  So you can only imagine that the Internet was a boondoggle for me in terms of finding like-minded people who would get their ire up about such things and not let them go.  But there is no where to go with it!  Anywhere.  Horrible things happen and maybe you can get a celebrity on board and it will be on the news a little more, and maybe even that celebrity can meet with the president, and well, we know that changes everything.  Oh.  Right.  It means nothing.  It all pretty much means nothing.  Pay offs.  Calling someone a cuckoo bird.  Ruining people's lives who have less power than you do.  Or killing them off slowly by poisoning their drinking water and their food and ...

Yes.  I know.  I really try very hard to not go off.  I completely and wholly understand that no one wants to hear it.  And believe me, I don't want to talk about it either.    And I certainly do not spend every day basking in total domination of all facts that might or might not be true.  No.  I try to maintain a balance by going on a shamanic journey and trying to figure things out from another angle.  I try to have good, powerful, intentional thoughts about good, powerful and intention-worthy things and causes.  And I truly believe that in a world that is strife with equal parts good and evil, that I am solidly standing on the Red Rover side of good, and no matter how I am tempted, no matter what I am told, I am not running over, red rover red rover send Lisa over ... oh no.  I am going to stand firm and I will continue to not close my eyes to that group over yonder who thinks they will get me one way or another, on their team (or not, but gone nonetheless from the good side) because I believe.

Knowledge is power.  It astounds me that even within my own family circle it is almost impossible to impart what I know for sure in my own personal campaign to keep us all healthy and happy.  So I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have no possibility of offering you anything more than an eye roll or two and maybe a second of "hmmmmm."  And I am okay with that.  What I would not be okay with is never saying anything.

That would be wrong.  That would be letting go of all the good hand's and running over to the other side to stand quietly beside them and believe that I am safer over there.

If you have some inkling that the bird's falling out of the sky and the fish dying in schools is kinda weird, google HAARP.  I am not prepared to blog about it right now because I can't really find a mainstream outlet (in other words, a news source that most people would believe has some cache) that is covering it.  Which is why I started with this blog stating that there has to be another layer -- another tier of reporting where the news isn't considered so ridiculous it's dismissed immediately. 

I actually saw a dead blue jay the other day on a walk.  Laying there on the side of the road.  My hair stood on end.  Is one dead blue jay meaningful?

I don't know.  You tell me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, My aunt Kay built the house that you live in. I have been searching for info about Freedom Acres on line to make a type of scrap book about them. I then came across your blog. Do you know of any historical society that may have any info about them? I have even tried to have an archive search done in readers digest about their story with no luck.

Lisa said...

Hi Kim,

Send me an email at hapeli@gmail.com and I will point you in the right direction!