Thursday, May 6, 2010

24

As in 24 miles!

I am love, love, loving this walking gig! As I stated earlier, the first week was a bit draining, but this week I am feeling goooooooooooooooooooood! Today we both realized that our turn-around point came up quicker than it has since we started ... and when we reached the cars, we both weren't moaning and groaning!

It's all good. This morning when I drove Charlie to school it was raining. I had my raincoat and was all good to go. By the time we started our walk, the sun was trying to come out. I was so overdressed it isn't even funny. What a wacky spring.

We are excited to reach 30 miles tomorrow -- and then we need to start talking about going further. I am going to go buy a pair of those Sketcher sneakers that are all the rage today. My sneakers aren't cutting the mustard -- today it felt as though I experienced every rock I stepped on. Not using my hiking boots has definitely cut down on the blisters (and the pedicure really seemed to help too, which is excellent, always nice to have an excuse for a regular pedicure!)

And because it takes a few hours to do this, I am falling out of the habit of blogging. After I dropped Charlie off was when I would do it.

Oh well. Of course, when you are yakking it up with a friend for a few hours, it's not like you feel the need to get anything off your chest! Heck, we dump and unload the entire time!~ We will be the two most healthy human beings on the planet! And we'll be able to walk it too!!!


No comments: