Friday, June 17, 2011

So that tsunami and that nuclear meltdown thing ...

Lately I have been feeling very fatigued ... despite the fact that I exercise daily and eat right and ingest a lot of healthy shit in my smoothies that are supposed to keep me feeling aliiiiiiiiiive.  I did go off my Vitamin D because when it is actually sunny out, I am in it a lot and I don't want a D overdose.  But that is the only change I've made.  Then I thought, okay, I guess this peri-menopause stuff is hitting me -- despite the fact that I thought I had it under control.  And I started researching bio-identical hormones. 

When I say fatigued ... I mean, hardly able to move.

But then I was reading some of my off-kilter blogs and realized that I had forgotten about radiation poisoning (as I am supposed to do, by never hearing about it on the news. etc.)  Try to google radiation spreading from Japanese tsunami ... you'll get bupkus.  No one is talking about it.  Which always scares me.   Months ago I ordered a huge box of seaweed so that I could make soups and what not to help with the radiation.  There is no doubt in many people's minds that this radiation has made its way to the United States.  I thought I was being proactive in my seaweed ordering -- but no one really wants to think about such things, so it's been sitting around in the pantry.  I mean, really.  Seaweed soup?  Ewwwwww.  But if you ingest it, any radiation in your body binds to it and well, that is a good thing.

One of the side effects of radiation poisoning is fatigue.  Hmmmmmmm.  Obviously I am not ingesting great doses of radiation, but it binds to rain drops.  Have we had any rain lately?  Where do those clouds come from?  Listen, I don't want any of it to be true, but it seems insane to just ignore it.  Something made me buy a box of seaweed and I bet you that if on the news they were telling people that it was a great way to protect from radiation poisoning, I'd have made my soup by now and would be sharing it with others!  But the complete and total silence in regards to this nuclear disaster (which they believe is so big it's incomprehensible) gives me that feeling in my gut that the big people have decided that the little people can't handle the truth.

So I am off to make seaweed soup.  My seaweed comes from Maine and it was harvested well before the disaster.

I'll let you know if it works.

No comments: