Monday, June 27, 2011

Confessions of a former sun worshiper

I have always loved the sun -- I mean, of course, who doesn't -- but I've always enjoyed being in it and the heat has never bothered me much.

Now?  Can't stand the heat.  The sun, well, the sun is just HOT!

I have been fortunate to have access to a lake and all the swimming you can eat.  And I have spent hundreds of hours sitting on the dock, soaking up the sun, enjoying the rays dazzling off the water.  Now, I find it ... HOT!

I have broken a new record this year by almost hitting July without going into the water.  Now, this does have something to do with the fact that it has been rainy and cold (which I am going to say I haven't been complaining about all that much ... I mean,  it has sucked that it has been so miserable, but great reading weather.  FAB reading weather!)

I love the beach more than the lake -- the ocean is where it's at.  And tomorrow I am going to see if that still holds true.  I am going to go dig my toes in the sand and put my body into the freezing cold waters of Maine and  hopefully it will all come back to me.  Because right now, I would far rather sit on my screen porch and read than out in the blazing sun on the dock.

My family thinks something is wrong with me.  I just find it curious.  Do we really change like that?  Or is it just a phase?  <<<<<>>>> I have no idea.  All I know for sure is that I don't want to be in the sun.  It is just so uncomfortable.

No comments: