Thursday, September 23, 2010


Sometimes it is the simple changes that are the most destructive!  For the past month or so, and building up in frequency, the safari browser on my computer "hangs," which means a small circular rainbow colored disk spins and spins and spins -- basically saying you are screwed.

Being my impatient self, I have stopped shutting down the computer properly and I just keep hitting the power button to reboot it quickly.  This problem is not with the computer itself -- it is some kind of software glitch that occurs when you open up safari, gmail and facebook -- not necessarily at the same time -- but still.  It's a pain in the butt and I am sick of it.  I am also concerned that the constant abuse of circumventing the proper way to turn off the computer is going to create a new problem.  I have gone online and tried to solve this -- I've emptied cache and I've followed directions and opened up 200 windows and done all the things I've been told -- to no avail.  Today I experienced my final crash, and then downloaded firefox.

Also, being crazy like I am, I also accepted the experimental trial period of a new Blogger window -- and it is super slow and has a ton of features I am not interested in.  Two huge changes in the span of five minutes is difficult to take!  I figured how different could it be?  It imported all my settings from Safari to Firefox -- but the tabs are in different places and my favorites, which used to be right there on the screen, now require me to go up and open up a new window.  I am sure I will get used to it, but why can't Safari just work?

I have also found that Firefox seems mucho slower -- downloading pages and getting from here to there.  I have to admit, in a way, I am almost hoping that it will crash so that I don't have to accept this as my permanent browser and will know it is another problem that needs to be solved.  Which makes no sense, I know, but I suppose I went through this when I switched from Explorer to Safari.  Right?  I don't remember, which is a good thing, because hopefully in an hour or so I won't remember any of this!

MEEEP.

2 comments:

Tomasen said...

I had the same problem with Safari and have switched to Google Chrome. Better than firefox too. It is better than both, but and there is always a but...it seems as though FB is where I still encounter a spinning wheel sometimes...

Lisa said...

I bet it is something FB is doing to eventually get you to pay THEM for uninterrupted service ... wouldn't surprise me. So far haven't encountered the spinny wheel with firefox ...