Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year, New Start

I have started a number of blogs ... in fact, I started one at typepad yesterday and then remembered I had one here at Blogspot (well two actually!)  I love the idea of one, of having a place where I can purge all the ramblings and thoughts that I used to spill in my column "Webbed Feats," back in the day.  

But then I think, "Oh, that is like work," and I've been really opposed to anything that resembles work in years.  Yes, I said years!

So 2008 is going to be the year that I blog religiously, take a self-portrait daily and post that in Flickr and keep myself centered around writing.  Which really is the one thing that floods my soul with energy and puts me in the "flow."

I have been scouring the Net reading blogs, finding myself immersed completely in their personal travels through pain, joy, self-discovery ... life.  And I want in!  Because I've grown, I've felt, I've lived and I have a voice and I want to use it.

So here it comes!


2 comments:

Tomasen said...

Blogging is the bomb...although I have really only done it with my classes and I find it an incredible way to keep them all writing about their learning and what they are thinking about. This is a new kind of blog and as I mentioned to you before, I had a major no go with the personal one I started. I really wanted to create a place for people to write about what they were thinking...but maybe it was too structured. Blogging has been my major goal for work this year and I find it fascinating that you have spent hours reading others. Perhaps that is my next step in my journey. Are there any you really liked that you would recommend? I can send you the mine if you are interested as well...I see it as a kind of on line journalling that I can see us using with kids in schools of all ages.
I am psyched to be a part of yours because I have only been a part of the ones that I have been in charge of managing...well, that is not completely accurate, but anyway...I am rambling.
Glad you are doing it...be careful with the photos you choose though!!

Lisa said...

Ha Ha on the photos I choose. I seriously did not use that one thinking anything. It must have been first in the series or something. I tried to put a slideshow right on my blog, but it didn't work.

I will list my favorite blog sites on my blog once I figure out how to do that! I actually got most of them from this one blogger, her favorite ones. I just checked them all out, liked them, and dove right in. They are mostly centered around parenting. But not all.