Saturday, November 11, 2006

Does the housework ever end?

Everyone is in bed and I am left to clean up the mess. "Mom, the computer is slow again."

Great.

It takes hours and hours to remove all the crap the kids load on and run diagnostics and try to figure out why the computer keeps freezing and running like a turtle on valium. And is this my mess? No. It's not. For the most part I use the laptop, which runs hare-like I might add, and leave this to the little pests who spend hours loading on games and stuff even though they have been expressly told NOT TO.

My daughter has welcomed a trojan horse into our house and as a result I lost all the pictures I hadn't made a back up for (and just so you know how well I learn, I have pictures from the past few months that I haven't backed up yet). I yelled and screamed enough that time and patiently reformatted the hard drive and reloaded all the software and do I get a thanks? No, they jump on to the computer and immediately start downloading stuff. "I SAID NOT TO," I yell. Well, I need this, and that, and I can't live without this.

How about living without a computer? Because that is where they are headed.

Whatever they download, it always comes with a boatload of other stuff you don't want or need. The toolbars on my daughter's desktop for Internet is hilarious. She obviously keeps saying yes when she really means no and has no idea what she is saying yes to. She has about three inches left of open space below all her toolbars. She keeps begging me to remove them, but I think it's kind of funny. Like being buried under the rubble of dirty clothes she never takes care of in her room. Not my problem, mon.

Just like the words "please do your laundry" is never heard, when I say "please don't download stuff because you will RUIN the computer," they must be hearing the "blah blah blah" that I hear when they start talking about what the other was doing to them and why the hamster cage fell on the floor and oh yeah, it's not their fault. Is the hamster alive? Fine, go clean it up.

The computer runs like a top right now. But when they come down and find out that Saber Blaster has been removed, I have a feeling they are going to spend the morning reloading all the crap that slows the thing down.

What is in those games? Sounds like another topic to me!

1 comment:

deb said...

So you are now living in the house known as Freedom Acres? My family used to LOVE going there when we were kids. I was just telling my husband about it and thought I'd google it. Thanks for the bit of nostalgia. :)